Wednesday, September 30, 2009

T.Shirt - The Loft Sessions EP




Download The Loft Sessions EP - T.Shirt
Press Release:

"It's a bit of a long story but I'll make it quick. This past August I sublet a friend of a friend's loft in Chinatown and recorded an EP of what's been going on in my life. Originally, I reached out to a bunch of different artists, producers, writers, and contacts I'd made over a while to collaborate and turn the release into something bigger than what I could do alone but few hit me back, and even fewer actually came through.

The project is my first of original material. I wrote the album in 2 weeks to a library of beats I've had for some time. I spent 5 days recording 7 tracks. I recorded the intro "Fuck the Summertime" on the morning I had to be out of the loft, September 1st. I felt like I needed one more record so I started flipping through the beats and when I found one, for the first time in my life I stood in front of the mic and free-styled in spurts, writing the whole record live in 15 minutes.

I spent most nights alone, mixing records, sitting at the big windows watching, breathing Chinatown. I'm at a funny point in my life and I poured it all into the music. My friend Ryan came by a couple days and we shot all the artwork, which I'm very excited about. He took great, very introspective shots that really show you what kind of place I was in. There's a line on one of my favorite records on the album, "I'm exploring, eyes wide, walking through the halls, this man's got his whole life right here on the walls". And it's true. The combination of having such a black summer, losing family, our icons, going crazy trying to work and grind for these invisible means, and being in this much older man's home, this accomplished artist's Chinatown loft for 25 years was a lot to take in. It really put me in a different kind of creative space.

If everything goes according to plan I'm releasing it digitally for free on my www.illrapper.com this coming TUESDAY, September 29th. I also plan to submit it to iTunes & Amazon for an official November Release. My only hope is that the blogs pick it up, people get wind, there's some kind of demand for it and word gets around that it's good music and deserves a listen. That's seriously my only hope. If you have some kind of avenue, a site, if you have any ideas on how to get this thing out there, please, I'm open to any kind of help.

Talk to me, hit me back. Say something, anything, lemme know you got this. Peace for now !"- T.Shirt

www.illrapper.com
www.youtube.com/shirtathome
www.twitter.com/sweatshirt